Friday, June 17, 2011

How It All Started

I was just thinking about my motivation to start this blog about a year ago. You'd never guess the number one reason: I wanted to practice writing sentences with only one space after each period. My main goal was honestly to shake my previously-ingrained two-space-after-a-period habit.

I had done some reading on the topic, and I found out that I was totally wrong about it. The way I was taught to type was a throwback to the days of typewriters and monospaced fonts. Nowadays, we have variable-width fonts that make the old two-space practice obsolete. To leave two spaces after a period makes you look like an old fogy, desperately clinging to a bygone era. When I became aware of this, after years of ignorance, I decided to rid myself of this problem. And that's how it all started!

1 comment: